Pending: 365 Ralston Street,
San Francisco California
>Offered at $998,000
- 3 bedrooms/2 baths + family room
- Rare oversized lot with ocean and city views
- Fully detached home with windows on all sides
- Views of sunsets over the ocean and the Farralon Islands to the west sweeping to Sutro Tower in the north
- Classic Barrel Front Marina floor plan with large living room adjoining the dining room
- Refreshed kitchen with new tile floor, countertops and appliances
- Refreshed upper bath with new tile floor
- New laminate flooring in lower level
- Easy to access large rear garden and deck
- Quick access to the freeway south and or the train downtown
- Laundry in garage
- Huge 1+ car garage + 1 in driveway
- Year built: 1927
- Bldg. Sq. footage: 1701 per graphic artist
- Lot Sq. footage: 3332 per tax records
Ocean to City Views!
In 1927, the world was on the go! Ford introduced the Model A, Charles Lindberg flew all the way across the Atlantic and 365 Ralston was built. People were prospering and homes that were built featured all the luxuries possible at the time. It is a keeper – and has been in the same family for over 30 years.
365 Ralston is a rare detached, classic Barrel Front Marina style home with elegant proportions and a perfect floor plan on an oversized lot. Upstairs there is a generous entry hall that flows to either the kitchen with dining area or the large living room with a fireplace and curved windows overlooking Ingleside Terraces with view beyond to the iconic Sutro Tower and Mount Davidson. Accessible from both the kitchen and living rooms, the formal dining room invites entertaining and family dinners. At the rear of the home’s top level, there are two large bedrooms overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the verdant Olympic Club golf course. The upstairs bath features both a shower and a separate tub.
Downstairs there is a family room with a sliding door to the back deck and large rear garden as well as a 3rd bedroom and 2nd bath with a shower. The lower level might be used as a master suite or for guests. The lower level also houses a huge 1+ car garage (+1 in the driveway), ample storage and laundry.
This gracious home features fresh interior and exterior paint, refinished oak floors with walnut inlay (upstairs), new appliances, new kitchen counters, sink and faucet, new floors in the kitchen and upstairs bath, new laminate flooring in the lower level, a new rear patio door, many new light fixtures and upgraded electrical and plumbing. It is fully ready for it’s new occupants to enjoy life and the beautiful views.
Back in 1925, development of Merced Heights was facilitated by the M-Streetcar line’s launch in 1925, which enabled the residents to get quickly downtown through the twin peaks tunnel. It is still there making the commute downtown a piece of cake. Later on, freeways south were added and these too still enable a quick commute to all the jobs in Silicon Valley. Daly City Bart is also nearby and the home is convenient to shopping on Ocean Avenue, Stonestown, and Westlake Shopping Center.