1112-1114 18th Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 3,294,000
$3,294,000 Entire Building
$2,395,000 Upper (1114 18th) as a TIC Interest
$899,000 Lower (1112 18th) as a TIC Interest
- Re-imagined two level owners’ residence with spectacular panoramic views from both levels
- Upper 2-level unit feature 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms + 2 offices/utility room
- Main bath is freshly remodeled with Carrera marble shower, deep soaking tub and custom double vanity.
- Fresh paint and new designer lighting throughout
- Custom cabinetry and built-ins complement the open-style modernist renovation
- Bright, skylit great room with double sided fireplace and chef’s kitchen
- Lower unit has views, 3 bedrooms and 1 split bath – tenant occupied at $3310/month
- Edwardian details, such as bay windows, ornate banisters, high ceilings, a historic façade and refinished Oak floors
- Huge basement for storage or future expansion, or garage?
- All three living levels have walk out decks and lessening degrees of dramatic 180-degree north views
- Deep lot with gorgeous and private landscaped garden with built in designer bench
- Ultimate center of Potrero location.
- Quick access to restaurants, downtown, freeways south, AT&T Park, Oracle Park
- Multi-car easy street parking
- Year built: 1906
- Square footage: 4,080 per tax records; upper approx. 2693; lower approx. 1347
- Lot square footage: 2,500 per tax records
Ready, Set, Reopen!! – the Perfect Launch Pad for Mid 2021 and Beyond…
There is no doubt that this building has seen a lot in its 115 years. Most likely conceived before the great quake and born after, it has presided over some of San Francisco’s most exciting events from its prime vantage point on the famed north slope of Potrero. It has seen the city rise to great heights, ship and train yards come and go – only to be replaced by sports stadiums and state of the art hospitals. It saw the building of our biggest bridge – the great gray lady who graces our Bay nearly 80 years ago – and it remains rooted in an exciting, creative neighborhood as we are on the eve of as exciting a period of renewal as has ever been. This will be the place to be post-Covid to springboard back into active urban living: Located just outside the 18th Street shopping corridor, it is just a quick walk to luscious restaurants (Plow, Chez Maman, ParkerPotrero), artisan coffee shops (Farleys, Linea Feat. Midnight Bagels on select days), a bit longer walk to Oracle Park and AT&T Park (GO GIANTS!); and minutes to the San Francisco Design Center, downtown/Financial District, 3rd Street/Dogpatch, CalTrain and the freeway south.
Nearly 30 years ago, the current owners moved in and started a family. Then in typical Potrero fashion, they stayed a long, long time. They were visionary and uniquely built a spectacular city residence in the upper two floors of this stately Edwardian building. They united the top two flats and carefully exposed the structural beams in the framing in the main living rooms to open up the home – both the rooms to each other and all of the rooms to the view. Inside the double front door, there is a gracious entry with a wide staircase sweeping upstairs to the main living level and a secret bookshelf/door that allows access under the stairs. The top level has a brightly skylit great room with a spacious living room flowing to the dining room around a double-sided fireplace, and built-in wine rack, and large chef’s kitchen where a fiery wok has often been used to make Thai specialties on the commercial style range. The kitchen and dining room have stupendous views of downtown, the Bay and East Bay Hills both from inside and the walk out deck. The pair of exposed metal flues are reminiscent of archetypal twin funnels on a steamer and draw attention to the harbor view just beyond. Off the living room, there is a nearly concealed door to a newly remodeled main bathroom with Carrera tile, Hans Grohe fixtures, deep soaking tub and new custom double vanity. The front of the top level has a sunny oversized main bedroom suite with two bay windows, an office and a large walk-in closet. Downstairs off of the entry, there is a large south facing front bedroom, a quiet middle bedroom and a fourth bedroom located at the north end with a 2nd walk out deck and still unobstructed downtown views. This level also features a large utility room with laundry that could be a 2nd kitchen if that was ever desired, as well as a naturally cool wine room and full travertine bath with standing shower.
The lower unit is well laid out and features three bedrooms and one split bath. It has also been reimagined so that the living areas are at the back and open to a tree line view. The unit has hardwood floors, in-unit laundry and is well-maintained by tenant occupants paying $3310/month.
The backyard has open usable space of the kind that Thomas Church would approve. There’s a ground level deck with elegant built-in benches, abundant yet unobtrusive foliage and a tree swing. The garden’s design invites you to pull a table up to the bench and enjoy the tranquility of the space with friends, which we all hope to do more of in the near future!
The rear of the building features decks on all three levels and a back staircase by which the garden can be reached from any level. The lowest level of the building has a large basement with high ceilings perfect for future expansion and current utility as storage.
From location, to high-style form and function, 1112-1114 18th Street is ready for new owners to love it and appreciate the best of living Potrero for the next 30 years!
The seller has put together an incredible collection of very beautiful photos shot of the upper unit’s view, you can see that here: https://www.pinterest.com/mediadls/potrero-hill-sf-views/