11464-11468 Occidental Road
- Offered at $ 1,299,000
Offers to be reviewed on Wednesday 4/5 at 12pm.
- Two houses on 4 acres in beautiful North-West Sebastopol
11464 Occidental Rd – Lower House
– 1231 sq feet per graphic artist
– 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
– The sun drenched primary bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, separate entrance, and gas fireplace.
– The 2nd bedroom has a slider to deck and view of neighboring apple orchard
– Refinished hardwood flooring throughout
– Remodeled kitchen with butcher block counters, stainless steel appliances, subway tile backsplash, reverse osmosis water,
& classic Wedgewood range
– Marble tile in kitchen and hall bathroom
– Renovated bathrooms with tiled showers and floors
– Wainscotting throughout
– Stacked washer and dryer in entrance off kitchen
– Large 653 sqft Redwood deck
– Fenced in area perfect for dogs and kids
– Far from the road with views of neighboring apple orchard
11468 Occidental Rd – Upper House
– 1103 sq ft per graphic artist
– 3 bedrooms 2 baths, the primary bedroom has been converted to a studio with separate entrance, ensuite bathroom, and kitchenette.
The studio can easily be incorporated back into the home.
– Hardwood flooring throughout
– Updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, butcher block countertops, tiled backsplash, reverse osmosis water, and downdraft venting for oven.
– Stacked washer and dryer in hallway
– Updated bathrooms with tiled showers and floors.
– Wainscoting throughout
– French doors off all of the bedrooms to the deck
– Large 616 sqft Redwood deck
– Newer roof, installed in 2018.
– Access to house from both driveways.
- Many property upgrades include:
– Well drilled and pump and filters installed by Weeks Well and Drilling. The well produces 14+ gallons per minute. High grade filters including a UV ray filter.
– Engineered 1500 gallon septic with 800 feet of leach lines installed by LJ Septic/ Sebastopol Construction. Sufficient for 6 bedrooms.
– RV pad with 30 amp electrical, cable and and connection to septic.
– Grey water systems installed for each house.
- A bounty of Gravenstein apple trees, two orange trees, two pear trees, lemon tree, blackberry bushes and wild grapes.
- Majestic old growth Redwoods
- Barn/carport big enough for 2 cars or storage
- Storage shed
- Green house
- Sunny field in rear of property ideal for a pool or ground mounted solar panels
- Two driveways
- Underground piping from 11464 to 11468 and to the RV pad to share cable and internet.
- Year built: 1946 and 1947
- Combined Square footage: 2334 per graphic artist
- Lot Size: 4.01 acres per Tax Record
Serenity in Sebastopol
Nestled in beautiful North-West Sebastopol, this unique property features two homes on a sprawling 4-acre lot. The lower house, located at 11464 Occidental Rd, boasts 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms spread across 1231 sqft of living space. The primary bedroom features an ensuite bathroom and a separate entrance, while the second bedroom offers a slider to the deck and a stunning view of the neighboring apple orchard. The house has been tastefully renovated, with refinished hardwood flooring, remodeled kitchen and bathrooms, and wainscoting throughout. The stacked washer and dryer in the entrance off the kitchen provide added convenience, while the large 653 sqft redwood deck and fenced-in area are perfect for entertaining guests and enjoying the outdoors.
The upper house, located at 11468 Occidental Rd, features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a studio with a separate entrance, ensuite bathroom, and kitchenette. The studio can easily be incorporated back into the house to turn the home back into a 3 bedroom 2 bath. This home has also been updated throughout with refreshed kitchen and updated. French doors lead from the bedrooms to the large redwood deck with pleasant views of the surrounding property. With access from both driveways, this house offers flexibility and convenience.
The property has undergone many upgrades, including the installation of a 14 gallon per minute well, and an engineered 1500 gallon septic sufficient, for 6 bedrooms. Have an RV or tiny home? Park it on the concrete pad with 30 amp electrical and connection to the septic. With the highly sought after light and fluffy Goldenridge soil, this land offers many agricultural possibilities. Currently hosting a bounty of fruit trees such Gravenstein apple trees, orange trees, pear trees, a lemon tree, blackberry bushes, and wild grapes. Plenty of room left to plant a hobby vineyard! The barn/carport can house two cars or be used for storage, while the storage shed and green house provide ample space for your tools and plants. The sunny field in the rear of the property is perfect for a pool or ground-mounted solar panels, making it an ideal location for sustainable living.
Whether you are looking for a full time home, or part time sanctuary, 11464 and 11468 Occidental Road is your opportunity for a unique, sustainable, and comfortable lifestyle.
The property is in the most ideal location to everything West Sonoma County has to offer. Only 7 minutes to Andy’s Produce Market on Gravenstein Hwy. 12 minutes to Sebastopol’s Downtown and Town Square, which features the Farmer’s Market every Sunday morning, 6 minutes to the town of Occidental (we won’t even get into the magical experience of ziplining through the Redwoods!), 15 minutes to Santa Rosa and 20 minutes to Bodega Bay. Surrounded by some of the world’s most renowned wineries and tasting rooms including Dutton-Goldfield, Merry Edwards, Iron Horse, Horse and Plow, Fog Crest… the list goes on! Enjoy your evenings dining at the many popular eateries The Barlow has to offer including Acre Pizza, Blue Ridge Kitchen (I dare you to finish the “The Tomahawk”), Fern Bar and the Farmer’s Wife. The Barlow isn’t the only place to find fabulous food. In downtown you can find two Michelin Star rated restaurants – Ramen Gaijin and Khom Loi, enjoy some fantastic tacos and outdoor seating at The Handline, and hit a concert, comedy show or trivia night at Hopmonk.
Famous for our Gravenstein Apples, Sebastopol has several festivals and parades to celebrate the town’s agricultural history. Every year we welcome in the start of spring with the Apple Blossom Festival and Parade, which will be April 29th and 30th this year. At the end of summer we beckon in harvest season by having yet another apple related festival the Gravenstein Apple Fair at Ragle Ranch Park. We also celebrate our many local artists during the bi-annual Sonoma County Art Trail. While we are on the topic of trails, Sebastopol has some of the best biking trails like the Joe Rodota/West County Regional Trails and the Railroad Forest Bike Path.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the majestic Redwood trees surrounding the property. Native only to Coastal California, these “Ancient Ones” are the tallest trees in the world and have inhabited the area for at least 20 million years. Studies have shown Redwoods can hold up to three times more carbon than the average tree, keeping our Sonoma County air clean and crisp. Who wouldn’t want one of the rarest and most profound species of trees in their backyard?!
Shhhh, hear that? That is the sound of crickets playing in the field, frogs splashing in the creek, and wind gently flowing through the Redwoods. It is the sound of Sebastopol, the sound of home.