Sold: 1286 42nd Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,049,000
- Sold: $1,381,000 on 12/18/2020
- Active & Sold Listings
- Charming English entrance two bedroom/one bath home
- Original Art Deco details complimented by recent updates
- Stunning professional designed landscaping in front and rear gardens
- Lush rear garden perfect for outdoor living, features solar string lights and new fences
- Refreshed kitchen with quartz counters, new professional style range, dishwasher and fridge
- Refinished hardwood floors throughout upper level.
- Large bath with separate shower with new stunning mosaic tile floors, vanity and lighting
- New lighting throughout the home
- New tile entry floors
- Fresh paint throughout interior and exterior
- Laundry in garage
- 2 car garage parking + 1 in driveway
- Year built: 1949
- Home Square footage: 1,097 per tax record
- Lot Square footage: 2,060 per tax record
“Home, Beach, Park, Beach, Home … “
In 2020 it is more clear than ever that the Outer Sunset offers an amazing lifestyle. Bordered by Golden Gate Park and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area’s Ocean Beach, there is plenty of room to stretch your legs, surf, bike and have socially distanced exercise and social engagement. It still feels like city living with excellent outdoor dining at the Sunset Cantina, Toyose, The Pizza Place, Celia’s by the Beach, &Underdogs Too; coffee at Andytown or Java Beach; takeout at Hook Fish Company, Devil’s Teeth; fine wines and snacks at Palm City; and convenient gourmet shopping at at The Other Avenues or Gus’s Noriega Produce. And 1286 42nd, less than a block from the Park and mere blocks to the beach, is the perfect launchpad from which to enjoy it all.
The elegant front landscaping pulls you into the sheltered, Jade plant charmed entry from the sidewalk and the convenient ground level entry hall invites you to put your things down and settle into home. There is a spacious hall closet and direct entry to the large garage on the ground level. As you wind up the stairs, skylights in the bath and kitchen adjacent to the large central foyer brighten your way. The large living room and dining room occupy the very front of the home and overlook the front garden. The living room is large with a corner fireplace and tall casement window. The doorway between the living room and the dining room has been widened to accommodate modern open plan living. The dining room is completely open to the refreshed kitchen, which has all new appliances (yes, including a dishwasher!) and quartz countertops as well as hardwood floors that match the rest of the upper level. The rear of the home is occupied by two spacious bedrooms that overlook the rear garden.
Speaking of the rear garden … it has been prepared for new occupants with amazing designer landscaping. Mature plants, including a spectacular prickly pear, were amply augmented with new, surrounding a decomposed granite patio perfect for enjoying the sunny days and still evenings (lit by the solar-powered string lights). It will be a great refuge for the new occupants this year and beyond. The garage provides opportunity for expansion (many homes have a 3rd bedroom and 2nd bath or family room at the rear of the garage; a place to work on art and home improvement projects; or simply store surfboards, bikes and other equipment that make the surrounding outdoors more fun. For whatever you most enjoy, 1286 42nd will be the perfect backdrop.