Sold: 1331 22nd Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,695,000
- Sold: $2,100,000 on 08/09/2021
- Huge remodeled home right by Irving Street shopping on an oversized lot!
- Four bedroom/two bath home + sunroom, laundry and bonus wet bar area
- Remodeled kitchen with quartz counters, and stainless appliances open to dining room
- Large living room spans the front of the home
- Full laundry room upstairs
- Upstairs has seven rooms: living, dining, kitchen, laundry, two bedrooms + sunroom
- Downstairs, accessed via internal finished staircase has two bedrooms, a full remodeled bath, a wet-bar area, plus access to 2ndlaundry and parking.
- Beautiful architectural details including:
- Original oak floors
- Built in book cases
- Original casework/mouldings
- Lower level can be accessed two ways: external stairs off laundry room lead to garage; and interior stairs to finished portions.
- Garage with parking for 1 car and storage + 1 + car driveway parking.
- Ultra-convenient location ½ block from Irving shopping, ½ block from N-Judah and 1 ½ blocks from Golden Gate Park.
- Large garden with mature fruit trees, spacious patio and great south western exposure
- Year built: 1923
- Home square footage: 2,187 per graphic artist
- Lot square footage: 3,236 per tax records
- Walk/Bike/ Score: 95/81 – fantastic!!!
The Right Space to Thrive …
Happiness. The right space doesn’t make a happy person or a happy family by itself. But having enough space and having everything that’s needed right near by can sure help. 1331 22nd Avenue is just such a lucky home and it has served the last occupants well for nearly 50 years. When you walk in you can tell – this feels like a place where a lot of good things have happened and will continue happening for the new occupants. Many meals have been cooked in the kitchen to perfection and demolished in the dining room in no time. Many conversations have been had in the living room and school projects completed in the bedrooms. Relatives have been hosted and lives have been launched. There is space here for all of that and more.
The generous upstairs features a huge living room, dining room open to the remodeled kitchen, laundry room with access to trades’ alley, as well as a remodeled bathroom, two big bedrooms + a sunroom!. Interior access stairs to lower level two bedrooms – we have staged one staged one as a family room. Downstairs also has a wet bar space, 2nd remodeled bath and garage with 2nd laundry area – how much easier is it to live in a big household when there are two laundries? Few of us have been fortunate enough to find out! The home is entirely renovated and in move-in condition, but care was taken to preserve period details that make the home unique such as refinished oak floors, bookcases and detailed moldings. The original fireplace is intact behind drywall (but functionality should be checked before use). A large rear garden, features southwest exposure and mature fruit trees.
The location is absolutely the best – far enough from Irving for peace but close enough to pop out for the smallest need. Enjoy produce at the 22nd & Irving Produce Market, still swimming seafood at Sunset Super, delish eats and margs at the TacoShop, hipster Bahn Mi at B&B, and more ramen & dumpling options than almost anywhere else in SF! Combine that with proximity to the N-Judah, some of the best schools in the City and Golden Gate Park and you have an excellent location to call home!