140 Moffitt Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,398,000
- Renovated three bedroom/two bath home
- English entrance style home with convienient front hall on ground level with direct access to garage
- Stylishly remodeled kitchen and baths
- Kitchen features Viking range, glowing glass backsplash and huge full height pantry cabinets
- Bright well-placed skylights over entry stair and in upper bathroom
- Newly refinished wood floors throughout
- Upper level features built in speakers
- Lower level primary suite/with double vanity, on trend Moroccan style tile floors, therapeutic steam shower and walk-in closet
- Rear garden with hip horizontal privacy fencing and huge, inviting deck surrounded by ample planters
- Garage (with laundry and wine storage closet) doubles as a comfortable office/zoom space
- Year built: 1950
- Home square footage: 1263 per graphic artist
- Lot square footage: 2500 per tax record
- Great location close to transit, freeways south and Glen Park Village
The Sellers have requested that offers, if any, be presented on Friday, May 27th at 10:00am.
“Ah,” you are going to think, “this one is just right.” Built in 1950 in the late Art Deco style, 140 Moffitt is a beautiful house full of life and functionality. It has so many thoughtful and luxurious touches. Even the inviting entrance has just right landscaping to soften the stucco and hardscape without getting in the way. As you step inside – out of the southern sun that shines on the front entry – and into the cool lower entry you can see through the primary suite to the sunny back deck. To your left in the multi-purpose garage that has been the scene of many zooms and rainy day play times. Up the skylit stairs, the upper level has a classic 5 room floor plan with an open kitchen/dining room and large living room arranged together at the front, a bath off the central hall in the middle (with another skylight, shower over tub, very sexy wallpaper, geometric tile, and fixtures, including handmade shelving made of reclaimed cabinet doors) and two bedrooms overlooking the rear garden. The primary suite on the ground level is private, but not too far away, and features a sliding door to the rear garden as well as one of the most luxurious spa baths ever. It is spacious, with a huge warming step in steam shower, large double vanity and access to a large walk-in close that can double as an access between the garage and the garden. And the garden – so sheltered, and so easy to enjoy. The light and weather are perfect to grow containers with corn, tomatoes, herbs, peppers, and flowers, and the elegant Ipe ground-cover deck keeps the workload light – just relax and enjoy the produce!
The location of this home is amazing. The block is super friendly and organized (with 4th of July and Halloween block parties.!!). Glen Canyon Park and Recreation Center and Walter Haas Park (with dog area) are close by for recreation and Glen Park Village is just a short jaunt away with the best groceries at Glen Canyon Market, superb Italian food at Gialina’s, the handy Glen Park Hardware, a library, a gym, gift shop, sushi restaurant, diner, and even a dry cleaner. You can live well and never leave the hood, but if you decide to go, BART can get you so many places, there is easy access to the 101 and 280 Freeways, plus access to many tech shuttles!