1546 46th Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,298,000
Sellers request that offers, if any, be presented on Monday, June 21 at 4pm.
- Covered tunnel entrance three bedroom/two bath home
- Original Art Deco details augmented by the homeowner
- Unique seahorse shutters!
- Kitchen “butcher block” counter fabricated from a vintage bowling alley lane
- Charming front and rear landscaped gardens
- Rear garden with playhouse and built in bbq/fireplace
- Front garden with driftwood bench
- Remodeled kitchen with white shaker cabinets, quartz counters, and stainless appliances
- Beautiful hardwood floors throughout upper level
- Upstairs bath: Large and remodeled with separate shower with nautical blue hexagonal tile floors
- Downstairs bath: Stunning standing shower bath with wood and beach pebble accents
- Fresh paint throughout interior and exterior
- Full sized laundry room on lower level adjacent to 3rd bedroom
- Double paned windows throughout
- 2 (small) car garage parking ((or one big car)
- Year built: 1938
- Home Square footage: 1579 per assessor
- Lot Square footage: 2,996 per tax record
Protected by Seahorses and Perfumed by Ocean Breezes…
It is impossible to miss that you are near the beach when you arrive at 1546 46th Ave: the home’s front windows are guarded by a pair of striking seahorses; the front yard is graced by native plants and a comfortable driftwood-style bench; and the tunnel entry features a driftwood sculpture. As you venture upstairs, the bright colors of the exterior are muted, and by the time you get to the front door, you feel the relief of arriving at a sanctuary. Inside, the living room’s corner fireplace and floor to ceiling custom windows speak to cozy evenings that start by watching the fading sunlight. Adjacent, and open just enough to the living room, are the full-sized dining room and stunning remodeled kitchen. The creativity you noticed outside the home is mirrored here by the skillfully fabricated butcher block countertop that had its first life as a bowling alley lane (reputedly from a Pacifica bowling alley). A large, remodeled bath and two bedrooms that overlook the rear garden round out this upper level. Downstairs, via internal staircase, there is a 3rd bedroom with full bath, laundry room, 1-2 car garge and workshop as well as access to the terraced rear garden. Lots of fun has been had in this garden. Facing east for maximum morning sun and sheltered from the evening wind, this garden has a spacious patio with built in fire/bbq pit, several terraces with lots of room for gardening or additional seating and a charming playhouse/hideaway overlooking it all.
In 2020 it became clear to many more folks than previously the Outer Sunset offers an amazing lifestyle. As we open up in 2021, that is more true than ever. Bordered by Golden Gate Park and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area’s Ocean Beach, there is plenty of room to stretch your legs, surf, bike and meet up with friends. It still feels like city living with excellent outdoor dining at the Sunset Cantina, Toyose, The Pizza Place, Celia’s by the Beach, & Underdogs Too; coffee at Andytown or Java Beach; takeout at Hook Fish Company, Devil’s Teeth; fine wines and snacks at Palm City; and convenient gourmet shopping at at The Other Avenues or Gus’s Noriega Produce. 1546 46th is a the center of it all. Just 2 blocks from Outer Judah and 2 blocks from Outer Noriega and a few more blocks to either the park or the beach, it is in the best location to take advantage of the relaxing delights the neighborhood has to offer.