Sold: 1584 Waller Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,198,000
- Sold: $1,460,000 on 06/21/2022
- Seller Represented
- Top floor two bedroom/one bath condominium flat
- Six-room flexible floorplan plus spacious entry foyer with the two bedrooms spaced well apart
- Four huge box bay windows facing south for tons of light, Haight skyline views of architectural details and magnificent sun sets
- Stately Original Edwardian details
- Extra high ceilings with box beam style dining room
- Detailed intact mouldings & ceiling medallions
- Just refinished narrow strip artisan quality oak floors
- Elegant leaded glass cabinetry
- Two decorative fireplace mantles
- Clawfoot soaking tub
- Remodeled kitchen with custom cabinets, restored vintage range, new fridge, quartz counters, marble pastry area and breakfast nook
- Refreshed bathroom with new *super cool* encaustic cement tile floors.
- Fresh paint throughout in peaceful colors
- Plenty of storage and laundry in unit
- Extra environmentally friendly light provided by solar tubes!
- HOA Dues $170/Month
- Leased parking steps away for $300/month prepaid by seller for 3 months
- Year built: 1908 (per tax records)
- Square footage: 1363 per graphic artist
- Amazing location near shuttles, transit and Golden Gate Park
- WalkScore 98/BikeScore: 87/ TransitScore 71
Edwardian Cozy With Tons of Space
Even the word Edwardian evokes quiet nights by the fire, books, and socializing over brandy. Built in 1908 when San Francisco was energetically rebuilding after the great fire, 1584 Waller retains the exquisite detail of the period while feeling ready for life today. Box beam ceilings, a decorative fireplace and built in with leaded glass doors grace the dining room; a second decorative fireplace provides a focal point in the living room and throughout there are mouldings and bay windows, all underscored by refinished and stunning narrow strip oak floors. The corners of the hallways have a unique moulding to protect them from bumps with a charming top finial (a great innovation). At the center of the home, the connected living and dining rooms provide a scale of space comfortable for a large gathering or big projects; the two bedrooms are separated at opposite ends of the flat, which makes it comfortable to have guests for a while; the large eat-in kitchen has much more counter space than average, as well as well thought out details like the recessed fridge and special marble pastry area; and the separate laundry room (with hookups only) provides extra storage in addition to a place to, well, do laundry!
If you ever decide to leave the comfort of home, 1584 Waller is surrounded by parks and well-located near Golden Gate Park, The Panhandle, Buena Vista Park, Sharon Art Studio, Cole Valley, UCSF and USF, with quick access to tech shuttles and public transit. With a Walkscore of 98, you are in a walkers’ paradise: Shop at Whole Foods, or better yet Gus’s original Haight Street Market. You can browse for sundries at Cole Hardware, then get a snack at Luke’s Local or La Boulangerie to fortify yourself for the wait for brunch at Zazie. This is a truly amazing San Francisco location. Coffee is right across the street, Ice Cream delights are at hand, the parks are on all sides, and the museums are only a few blocks away. Just as in the song, when everyone was going to San Francisco, this is where they came, and you won’t want to leave!