Sold: 1634 22nd Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,398,000
- Sold: $1,770,000 on 07/09/2021
- Spacious, updated barrel front Marina style home
- Three bedroom/two bath home
- Updated kitchen with breakfast bar, butcher block counters and stainless applainces
- Large living room spans the front of the home and is open to separate entry foyer and elegant dining room
- Side patio off of dining room provides convenient outdoor relaxation nook
- Upstairs split spa style bath with subway tile and extra storage closet
- Upstairs has six rooms: two bedrooms, one split bath, living, dining, kitchen and breakfast room (now open to kitchen)
- Downstairs has a large bedroom/office and a full bath (agent nor owner have verified the legality of any downstairs rooms)
- Beautiful architectural details including:
– Original oak floors
– Adobe style fireplace in living room
– Built in book cases
– Detailed moldings and ceiling details, even in the bedrooms!
- Gated English entrance with large foyer, wide staircase and dedicated access to garage
- Huge garage with parking for two cars + storage and workshop.
- Quiet and convenient “center” of the central Sunset location walkable to Irving or Noriega shopping districts
- Walk out sheltered garden with new turf, large entertaining deck and vegetable garden
- SO MUCH STORAGE – big closets, tons of extra nooks downstairs under the front steps, under the side patio and more.
- Year built: 1927
- Home square footage: 1,675 per graphic artist
- Lot square footage: 2,996 per tax records
The Perfect Home for Entertaining Indoors and Out
Since 1927, this has been a lovely home. It has been stewarded and updated and loved. Generous plantings and two street trees welcome you in front. As you enter, light streams in the barrel front Marina style living room windows – sometimes it may even be too bright! Then it might be nice to draw the drapes and cozy up by the fireplace (flanked by twin bookcases) before, and perhaps, after dinner in the adjacent formal dining room. A generous side patio integrates the outdoors with the upper level and is accessed from the dining room. The kitchen is the warm center of the home: made warmer with butcher block kitchen counters & farmhouse style pulls; and more elegant with Carrera subway tile backsplash. The breakfast bar provides a convenient place to feed a family member while doing kitchen chores or a great place to tuck a friend away while you cook. The upstairs split bath is remodeled with subway tile and spa accents. Two generously sized bedrooms with large closets overlook the garden at the rear of the home. Downstairs a large workshop and two car garage lead to a 3rd bedroom with original wood floors and a 2nd bath – perfect for guests, a home office, a family room or future direct connection to the upstairs living spaces.
The garden – while many Sunset gardens are overlooked, windswept spaces with little utility – this garden really makes outdoor living a reality and urban gardening a snap. Just a step up from the downstairs level, a spacious dining deck easily accommodates a table for 8 as well as a deep seating area. The middle section of the garden has a lush turf lawn surrounded by equally deluxe plantings. A step further up leads to a more down to business vegetable gardening space with two generously sized raised beds. The orientation shields the garden from wind while exposing it to a maximum of sunlight throughout the day. It is the perfect SF Sunset garden.
And if you get tired of hanging out at the homestead, it doesn’t hurt that the Central Sunset is one of the best places to live in San Francisco. 1634 22nd is walking distance to the Inner Noriega shopping district as well as vibrant Irving Street and the N Judah. From brunch at the Sunset Reservoir Brewing Company to taking in a game at The Taco Shop, to shopping for live fish at the Sunset Super or gourmet goods at Gus’s this is a diverse, vibrant neighborhood that will make you happy every day to live in San Francisco. The neighborhood also features easy access to Golden Gate Park and proximity to some of the best public schools in the City at all levels K to 12.