Sold: 1694 25th Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 900,000
- Sold: $1,470,190 on 12/01/2020
- Seller Represented
- Large corner Marina style home full of light with south and west facing windows
- Four bedroom/two and one quarter bath home
- Upstairs has 7 rooms: three beds, one and ¼ baths, living, dining, kitchen and breakfast room
- Downstairs has a large bedroom, office with separate entry and a full bath (agent nor owner have verified the legality of any downstairs rooms)
- Beautiful architectural details including:
- Six bay windows
- Gumwood moldings
- Interior French doors with beveled glass lights
- original cabinetry
- detailed plaster moldings and ceiling details
- brick fireplace
- built in cabinets
- Gated English entrance with large foyer, wide staircase and dedicated access to garage
- Huge garage with two side by side garage doors. Depending on cars, there is 2+ car parking plus room for a shop or expansion
- Original oak floors throughout upper
- Quiet and convenient “center” of the central Sunset location walkable to Irving or Noriega shopping districts
- Flat sheltered garden with south sun
- New roof in 2020
- Year built: 1927
- Walk Score : 87
- Living Space Square Footage: 2085 sq ft
- Non Living Space Square Footage : 1498 sq ft
- Lot square footage: 2374 per tax records
The One You’ve Been Waiting For!
The home at 1694 25th Avenue has not been offered for sale in more than 50 years. The prior occupants loved the details and didn’t change much over the years. The result is a home that embodies the graciousness of another time. You can imagine long evenings of lively discussion in the formal dining room and morning coffee in the breakfast room with the sunlight streaming in the large windows and lots and lots of time spent on interesting projects in the huge garage. This home is ready for a new generation to renovate, move in and love it for the next 50 years.
The easily accessible corner lot appears to enable easy renovation and the oversized garage is ripe for further expansion of the living space. In addition, many similar corner homes in the area are surrounded by several feet of garden that shelter the home from the sidewalk – and that may be possible here. Neither owner nor agent have investigated limits of expansion or development potential and do not guaranty any such potential. Buyer to verify with city agencies and licensed professionals of their choice.
The Central Sunset is one of the best places to live in San Francisco. 1694 25th is walking distance to the Inner Noriega shopping district as well as vibrant Irving Street and the N Judah. From brunch at the Sunset Reservoir Brewing Company to taking in a game at The Taco Shop, to shopping for live fish at the Sunset Super, this is a diverse, vibrant neighborhood that will make you happy every day to live in San Francisco. The neighborhood also features easy access to Golden Gate Park and proximity to some of the best public schools in the City at all levels K to 12.