1779 Sanchez Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,998,000
- Two bedrooms / two baths + den/office
- Upper level “great room” style kitchen/dining/living room with dramatic views
- Ultimate outdoor living on three levels – including panoramic view roof deck protected by custom glass wall
- Open Italian style kitchen with Miele stainless steel appliances and uber cool range hood
- Panoramic views of downtown from main living spaces
- Quiet primary suite overlooking garden and deck
- Eight-zone built-in stereo system that can be enjoyed indoors and out
- August smart lock system (front door)
- Lush rear garden with spacious deck, lawn, mature Australian tree ferns and designer exterior lighting (controlled by Luxor app) and Rachio controlled watering system
- Hydronic radiant floor heat throughout in 3 zones
- Two Velux remote controlled operable skylights with rain sensors provide exceptional ventilation when needed.
- 1 car garage with Tesla charger! + 1 car off street parking in driveway
- Year built: 1907
- Square footage: 1,734 per graphic artist
- Lot square footage: 3,123 per tax record
- Quick access to tech shuttles, public transit (including the MUNI J line & BART) and freeways to the Peninsula
From the post-modern façade and front landscaping evoking the desert to the roof deck with sweeping 300 degree views, this is the sophisticated city home you’ve been waiting for. Located in sought after Fairmount Heights, nestled between Glen Park and Noe, this spacious, master-planned remodel shines with well-thought through details. From the front door you can see the view beyond the great room beckon with twinkling lights or cerulean skies and water depending on the time of day. The upper level of the home has a den perfect for working from home, a spacious bedroom and bath (with shower over tub), and a dramatic open kitchen/living/dining with a wall of windows overlooking the lush, landscaped garden. The kitchen features gleaming locally custom-made, Italian style cabinetry, quartz countertops and (naturally) Miele appliances. The lower level features a separate laundry room and, most importantly, a secluded master suite with luxe bath with standing shower, walk in closet and direct access to the garden. The garden can also be accessed via an art gallery hallway (which keeps unnecessary traffic out of the primary suite). A garage with ample storage completes this level (plus there’s another car parking in the driveway!). There is also an unfinished accessible attic. Features through the home are luxurious, high-tech and really handy: an indoor/outdoor Xantech controlled, 8-zone built-in stereo system with centralized components featuring high-end Klipsch speakers; Luxor remote controlled, dramatic outdoor lighting; a Tesla charger; a programmable remote entry system from August; a three-zone hydronic radiant heating system; and even a Rachio remote app controlled landscape watering system.
The location of this home is superb. Getting to shuttles or public transit is easy and freeways south are within easy reach. You can stroll to the Bernal Heights section of Mission Street for homestyle eats at El Buen Comer or Emmy’s Spaghetti Shack; enjoy the outer Church Street delights of Church Produce, Uma Casa or La Ciccia; quickly traverse to the many conveniences of 24th Street via the Sanchez slow street; or venture down to Glen Park Village for some curated groceries at Glen Canyon Market, pizza at Gialina’s, or pick up necessities at Glen Park Hardware. And then, at the end of the day (or the beginning), spend time on the thoughtfully protected roof deck, which is sure to amplify your love for San Francisco and restore you to your best self at the same time.