Spacious Top Floor Condo!
Pending: 19 Dorland Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,398,000
- Three bedrooms / 1 & 1/2 baths
- Ultimate center of the foodie-verse location – steps from Dolores Park, Bi-Rite and Tartine
- Exquisite restored Edwardian details including moldings, ceiling medallions, decorative fireplace and stained glass windows
- Grand and bright top-floor residence
- Ample storage and closet space – 4 walk in closets!
- New floors throughout with sound-deadening underlayment – verify with owner
- Huge open-plan kitchen/dining room
- Refreshed with new paint and light fixtures
- Remodeled main bath featuring double lavatory
- Full laundry/utility room in unit
- HOA Dues: $275 a month
- Quick access to tech shuttles, BART and freeways
- Year built: 1909
- Square footage: 1,626 per SF Assessor
- Walkscore/BikeScore/RiderScore: 98/99/100
Plenty of Room with Ultimate SF Access …
On April 18, 1906, tragedy struck the City of San Francisco and within the next few days Mission Dolores. The fire stopped a few blocks beyond Dorland Street and fortunately spared the adobe Mission itself near 16th and Dolores. The Mission went on to inspire a generation of California architects, such as Willis Polk who restored the Mission in 1924. In 1905 Dolores Park was officially christened but it’s development was slowed down by the fire as well.
The opportunity provided by the tragedy of the fire has made the Mission Dolores a repository of grand Edwardian architecture built from about 1909 to the mid 1920s, of which 19 Dorland is a spectacular example. It has the large rooms, high ceilings and ample closet space that exemplify the interior style as well as the classic, restrained details and features epitomizing the exterior style. By 1909, the area was under rapid redevelopment. One can imagine that then as now, the Mission Dolores was an exciting center of culture and activity. (If you have wondered why Dorland dead end’s through Mission High School, that’s an interesting story too.)
As you climb the wide staircase into the flat, you are surrounded by calm that belies the center of the city location. The staircase carries you to a large entry hall open to the dining room and remodeled kitchen. The entry and staircase feature original stained glass windows in the art nouveaux style that was emerging at the time. At the rear of the flat there is an oversized bedroom that could be used as a 2nd living room if desired. At the front of the flat there is a living room, and two more amply sized bedrooms (one with decorative fireplace) as well as a full bath with double lavatory and a 1/2 bath. The center of the flat contains some very large walk in closets that make it easy to live in a serene environment where everything has it’s place. The well-run 3 unit HOA has just re-landscaped the side garden which can be accessed from Dorland or via the rear stairs.
19 Dorland St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA