Sold: 2472 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,998,000
- Sold: $2,375,000 on 08/18/2023
- Seller Represented
The Sellers have requested that offers, if any, be presented on Wednesday, July 26th at 12:00pm.
- Grand Eastlake Stick Victorian Residence with Amazing Potential
- Three Bedroom/Two Bath
- Fully detached bright building creates ease of renovation
- Two decorative fireplaces and gorgeous period details
- Enchanting stained glass window & skylight!
- 11’ plus high ceilings
- Freshly painted front exterior and interior, refinished floors and new lighting throughout
- Elevation of residence allows space for garage installation
- Easily accessed rear garden
- Steps to Fillmore shopping, dining and transit
- Year built: pre-1900
- Square footage: 3070 per graphic artist
- Walkscore: 99
A Grand Residence in Waiting
Used by a research institute as an office for the last 50 years, this home has been lonely. It now hopefully waits for new life and new occupants to love it and appreciate it’s space, light, location and grace. It is fully detached, with grand scale windows on all four sides. It has intact architectural details that have been protected by the prior use. Many homes in the area have been remodeled and remodeled again, barely leaving a trace of the historical structure. This one is a very rare specimen just waiting for you to make it yours. The floorplan is wonderful with grand entertaining rooms on the main level, easy access to the rear garden off the dining room, three bedrooms and a bath (and room for at least one more bath) on the top level. The ground level is bonus space that can be turned into more bedrooms, family room, office – let your imagination lead you!
It is in an amazing location that is normally unattainable in a home at twice the price. It is steps from exclusive boutiques, movie theaters, Mollie Stone’s, and more restaurants than can be counted (but to name a few Palmer’s Tavern, Florio, State Bird Provisions, The Progress, Harry’s Bar, Woodhouse Fish Company, Oma San Francisco Station). With a walk score of 99, the delights of Pacific Heights are all just moments away.