2999 California Street #203/23
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 629,000
- One Bedroom/One Bath Condominium
- Gleaming tile and marble in newly remodeled bathroom
- Refreshed kitchen with new appliances and marble counters.
- Large living room with beautiful bay window
- Separate dining room adjacent to kitchen and living room
- Freshly refinished red oak floors
- Private storage locker
- Bicycle parking
- Quick access to Fillmore Shopping, Laurel Village, Trader Joe’s, the Jewish Community Center, Japan Center/Kabuki, California Tennis Club, and UCSF Mt. Zion Campus
- Year built: 1929
- Square footage: 613 per tax records
- HOA Dues: $615 (includes heat, water, garbage, building insurance, maintenance & reserves)
- Great Walkscore: 97
Everything you need, close to everything you want.
In 1929, most people lived in extended family households. The idea of single people living on their own in the city was a thoroughly modern trend. 2999 California was built to accommodate these forward thinkers and is full of what might be called “Bachelor” apartments. They had all the modern conveniences: Murphy beds, steam heat, built in ice boxes private indoor bathrooms and an elevator! The Murphy bed is gone and the icebox is now just a charming cabinet, but the elevator still comes in handy when you have a few extra bags of groceries and the steam heat keeps it cozy on grey days! Unit #23/#203 has been updated for life today with a gleaming white marble mini-hex and subway tiled bathroom, refinished red oak floors, fresh paint and an updated kitchen with new appliances and Carrera tiled counters. It has also had the sleeping area enlarged and enclosed by custom barn doors. It is well located, steps from exclusive boutiques, movie theaters, Mollie Stone’s, three shopping districts (Fillmore, Sacramento and Laurel Village) and more restaurants than can be counted (but to name a few Florio, Palmer’s Tavern, Harry’s Bar, Woodhouse Fish Company, Spruce, Sociale and the gluten free As Quoted. And, if you walk a little further you can get to food Mecca State Bird Provisions or it’s alternative, The Progress).