Sold: 324 Catalpa Street #317
San Mateo, CA
- Offered at $ 419,000
- Sold: $425,000 on 10/30/2020
- Top floor one bedroom/one bath condo
- Sunny corner unit close to elevator to garage
- One resident must be 55+ in most cases
- New carpet and fresh paint throughout
- Timeless kitchen with granite counters, and stainless appliances
- Good layout with hall access to bath as well as bedroom suite
- Spacious closets + private storage closet across the hall
- Private balcony with awning overlooking downtown and views to the south
- Laundry and lounge area on each level of the building
- Close to downtown San Mateo – easy to run all errands without a car!
- Elevator building with underground parking
- Designated Parking spot #17 directly below the unit
- Year built: 1983
- Square footage: 505 sq ft per tax record
- HOA Dues: $356, includes parking spot!
- 96 Walkscore
Easy Living at Nazareth Place
324 Catalpa is located in Nazareth Place, a senior housing community. It is a large, sunny, corner 1 bedroom with a private balcony, an open kitchen/living/dining room and a spacious bedroom suite. There is also a convenient storage closet across the hall and a large parking space convenient to the elevator below the condo. From the condo, there are views to the east and south. The size and location in the building make this one of the most attractive units ever to be on the market.
The location is ideal for active senior living. Most errands can be run without a car with a phenomenal 96 Walkscore. You can enjoy shopping at Draeger’s for gourmet food and home items, or Suruki Supermarket for Japanese specialties, get sushi at Sushi Sam’s, Italian food at Tomatina – really there are too many restaurants to choose from. During COVID, downtown has become especially vibrant with sidewalk dining. On can hope this will continue long after there is a vaccine but, in the meantime, it is an enjoyable side-effect. In addition, there are hardware stores, Walgreen’s and just about everything that makes living downtown convenient.
Nazareth place was built in 1983 as senior housing. It was substantially renovated around 2007 and sold as senior condominiums. One resident per unit must be over 55 in almost all cases. Please refer to the CC&Rs. With its quiet hallways, large public spaces and wonderful downtown location, 324 Catalpa might be the home you’ve been looking for!