3470-3474 21st Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 2,998,000
- Four Unit Residential Income Property
– Two 1 bed/1 bath units
– One 2 bed/1 bath unit
– One 3 bed/1.5 bath unit
- Total Monthly Gross Rents: $8,371.00; see Pro Forma for expenses and more details
- Prestigious location at the pinnacle of Dolores Heights
- Classic redwood siding with ornate Queen Anne Edwardian details
- Hardwood, softwood, linoleum and tile
- Large Basement for storage and future expansion
- Ample ground level storage currently occupied by tenants
- Laundry on ground level of building
- Parking: Four Car+
- Quick access to Noe Valley, Castro, Mission Dolores & Valencia Street
- Attractive front landscaping, and rear courtyard
- Year built: Front building 1911 / Back building 1947
- Square footage: 3,956/per graphic artist
- Lot Square Footage: 4,788
Views, Prestige and Potential
There are blocks that capture the imagination of a generation and the block of 21st Street between Dolores and Guerrero is such a block. Perfectly situated both above the fray and close enough to access delights of the Mission too numerous to count as well as Dolores Park, with views of downtown and beyond from the rear, this property is perfectly positioned to entice the savvy investor.
3470-3474 21st Street features four units, and 4 car plus parking plus ample storage and opportunities for expansion in two detached buildings on a nearly double lot at the center of it all. Architectural features of the Queen Anne front building have been preserved both inside and out and the building’s systems are in good condition and ready for new stewardship.
The property consists of two freestanding buildings. The front building was built in 1911 in the Queen Anne Edwardian style. The façade features ornate dental work and egg and dart details as well as curved bay window and elegant terrazzo steps. 3470 21st – The upper flat in this building is in-tact as a full floor residence with it’s own front door and own rear exit. The 3 bedroom/1.5 bath flat has spacious rooms and a classic Edwardian “flexible floorplan” where rooms can be used variously for public living space or private bedrooms as needed. There are views of downtown from the rear of this unit. The lower floor has been divided into two separate legal apartments off a grand central lobby. 3472 #1 is a gracious 1 bedroom flat with a sunny front bay window and large kitchen open to a central living/dining area. 3472 #2 is a two bedroom residence located at the rear of the floor with it’s own rear exit. The lowest level of this building contains storage, laundry and building systems. It is a great opportunity for future development if and as permitted by the State of California and City of San Francisco.
The rear building, accessed via a rare side driveway, appears from the records we have to have been built in 1947. It features a one bedroom apartment over a 2 car carport. The apartment has views of downtown from the living room. There is an additional small storage room on the ground level.
Surrounding area has a high density of restaurants, attractions, and transit. From gourmet dining at Lazy Bear, to movies in the Park to some of the best nightlife in the City, this location is at the center of it all and will continue to be more and more desirable over the years to come.