Sold: 4277 23rd Street
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 2,739,000
- Sold: $2,605,000 on 01/19/2023
- Seller Represented
- Three bedrooms / two and a half bathrooms including one en-suite
- Ultimate Noe Valley indoor-outdoor living design concept with outdoor living room in front, and two private decks in the rear.
- Re-imagined by award winning Blue Truck Studio
- Renovations/re-build completed in 2020.
- Great-room style open-plan living/dining kitchen
- New custom mill and case work throughout the home
- Sophisticated white and gold kitchen with custom cabinetry, Caesarstone counters, concealed Miele dishwasher & fridge and built-in steam oven and Fisher Paykel induction cooktop.
- Two gas fireplaces inside plus another in outdoor living space
- Three level home provides privacy in a compact footprint, preserving most of the lot for outdoor living
- Very private and rare back of the lot placement of home enhances usability of the outdoor living with three separate spaces
- Outdoor living space features built in place cedar hot tub, gas fire pit, piped gas to grill and heated pergola + living walls and luxury artificial turf
- Convenient laundry closet in family room w/Miele W/D
- Smart home technology (smoke detectors, thermostats…)
- Parking spot features EV charging station + concealed refuse cabinet
- Plans available for expansion of small bedroom and ½ bath upstairs as well as sketches of a potential 2nd home at the front of the lot
- Year built: 1898
- Square footage: 1833 per tax record
- Lot square footage: 2705 per tax records
- Walk score: 93
An Attitude of Quietude in the City
When someone says “Noe Valley,” what comes to mind? Wonderful weather? Inviting, tree-lined streets with rows of charming Victorians? A convenient city lifestyle? 4277 23rd Street is located in the very special high valley between the peak that divides Noe from the Castro and Twin Peaks itself. It is tranquil, picturesque, and sheltered.
The home itself is romantically hidden behind a living wall style fence featuring a combination of strawberries and succulents. The parking pad in front of the fence features a convenient refuse enclosure and Tesla charger.
Secreted beyond the gate, the outdoor living space is revealed to be spacious, sunny and exceptionally well thought out. Across luxury artificial turf past a hand-built garden shed and luxuriant low maintenance plantings you step down into an Ipe outdoor living space that features a built in-place custom cedar hot tub, built-in gas fire pit/coffee table, seating wall and heated pergola for cozy entertaining. The fireplace and the gas grill are included in the sale and have natural gas piped to their precise location.
Just beyond, the home invites you to step up on the front porch and through the custom Dutch entry door and into the main living space of the home. The generous and open living/dining and kitchen have windows on all four sides. The theme is warm white, modern, sophisticated, and calm. Everything throughout the home is hand picked, hand made or both. There are Heath tiles, California faucets, Marvin windows, Victoria & Albert fixtures, and many skylights. Radiant heated floors throughout the home are whitewashed oak by Carlisle. In addition to the radiant floor heat, the space is warmed by a beach-styled gas fireplace placed under a television hookup. The kitchen is centered around a custom dining island that seats five and can be moved as needed. Built-in (and mostly disguised) appliances include a Miele fridge, dishwasher and oven; Fisher Paykel induction cook top; and Breville microwave. Open, white-washed shelving displays your best dishes and keeps them handy while two ample full height pantries and many other custom Omega cabinets and drawers plus a walk-in closet off the living room keep everything else put away. A farmhouse sink overlooking a sunny bay window (perfect for an indoor herb garden) and Caesarstone counters complete the kitchen. At the rear of this level a spacious bath, with custom cabinetry and a generous tub, is handy for bath-time or a spa soak. Winding stairs go up to a large bedroom with custom built-in closets, four operable skylights for watching the stars, a smaller bedroom, a ½ bath and a view deck overlooking Noe Valley to the bay and beyond. Stairs down lead to a family room/home gym space, with a laundry closet and a 2nd gas fireplace and TV hookup; and a primary suite featuring a custom built in Murphy bed, ample closet style cabinets and a full bath with step in shower, and access to a private rear patio. In front, the family room has a panoramic sliding/folding door that opens to a tranquil space with built in one of a kind fountain, surrounded by a living wall and steps up to the outdoor living space.
The home was re-built with an eye to future expansion. There are plans with permits almost ready to expand the upper small bedroom and ½ bath (to a full bath) with a dormer as well as detailed sketches of a home that might be possible to build at the front of the lot. Plans will be included with the sale for use by a future owner. Perfect for now, and maybe even better in the future, 4277 23rd is a luxurious retreat ready for new occupants.