Sold: 67 Middlefield Drive
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,298,000
- Sold: $1,900,000 on 05/04/2022
- Classic Tunnel Entrance Art Deco home
- 2 beds/1 bath upstairs + 1 bed/1 bath downstairs (legality of rooms downstairs is not known or warranted by Sellers or Broker).
- Southwest facing rear garden, with huge walk out deck from main level
- Remodeled kitchen open to dining room with stainless appliances and new quartz counters
- Great floorplan with large living room focused on a fireplace, connected to dining room and kitchen
- Fresh paint + designer light fixtures throughout
- Beautiful hardwood floors upstairs and high quality laminate floors downstairs
- Refreshed bathroom features separate shower and tub, new tile floors, vanity and lighting
- Close to great shopping
- Stonestown – Trader Joes, Target and Whole Foods!
- Lakeside Center – Lucky’s and Ross!
- Great opportunities for outdoor recreation at Lake Merced
- Close to SF Zoo and L Taraval to downtown
- Easy commute to the Peninsula via 280 or tech shuttles on 19th Avenue
- 1 car parking in garage with interior access + 1 car driveway parking
- Year built: 1941
- Square footage: 1481 sq ft per graphic artist
Great Location to Launch From – Even Better Home to Come Home To!
Originally named the Lake of our Lady of Mercy in 1774, the scene of a famous duel in 1859, and a great place today to play golf at a PGA championship course, row crew, learn to wind surf, fish (if you can believe it!) or just go for a jog, Lake Merced has ever been a desirable and important part of the natural landscape of San Francisco
67 Middlefield Drive was built in 1941 as the City expanded and filled in the Western neighborhoods. It is located close to the shores of Lake Merced and all it has to offer and is also close to shopping, transportation and some of the best schools in San Francisco (Lowell High School, Lakeside Elementary, and San Francisco State University to name a few). Its classic Art Deco tunnel entrance architecture features large windows and lovely oak marquetry floors.
The residence features a classic “full five” floorplan upstairs with a large living room warmed by a fireplace, open through an arch to a full sized dining room, which in turn is open over a breakfast bar to the remodeled kitchen. The full upstairs bath has been refreshed with a striking new tile floor and modern vanity. Two large bedrooms with designer closets fill out the rear of the upstairs. Each bedroom has a sliding door to the large deck overlooking the garden (and there’s a staircase to get there too!). Downstairs, connected by an internal skylit staircase is a large 3rd bedroom or family room which also has a sliding door to the garden as well as provides access to the garage with laundry.
In addition to Lake Merced, Stern Grove (and the Music Festival!), The San Francisco Zoological Gardens, and Ocean Beach are all nearby. Imagine strolling by the Lake at Sunset, walking to Whole Foods for amazing groceries, or just relaxing in the garden. 67 Middlefield is ready for new occupants to enjoy its many features and space to spread out and work from home or quickly commute downtown or to the Peninsula on the 280.