838 32nd Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 1,898,000
Seller requests to review offers, if any, after Thursday May 21 at 10:00am.
- Five bedrooms, Three & 3/4 Baths
- Gracious, large and well-connected living spaces
- Main level has entry foyer, living, dining, kitchen, breakfast room + 1/2 bath
- Living room features fireplace with historic Batchelder style tiles
- Upper level has 4 bedrooms (one is a sunroom)/2 1/4 baths
- Full spa bath off sunroom with steam shower
- Lower level has European styled accessible 1 bed/1 bath guest suite
- Historic details including original light fixtures and crystal door handles
- Warm gumwood details are intact throughout public areas of the home
- Fresh paint, gleaming refinished floors and a refreshed kitchen with Thermador range await new occupants
- Easy access to the best features of Golden Gate Park and Outer Balboa shopping
- Main level has interior stairs to garage as well as rear stairs to garden
- Huge peaceful, landscaped garden
- Front-loading laundry in garage
- 1 car garage parking + driveway parking and ample storage
- Year built: 1926
- Square footage: 2,745/ per graphic artist
A Forever Home for Living an Elegant Urban Life
838 32nd Avenue was built at a time that, like now, elegant urban life was thriving. The City Beautiful movement had transformed American Cities, and the Outer Richmond was a major beneficiary. Sandwiched between Lincoln Park and its Palace of Legion of Honor and Golden Gate Park and bordered by the Promenade along Ocean Beach, the location was ideal to enjoy the best idyllic pastimes that San Francisco has to offer. San Francisco’s buffalo herd, the tiny boat lake, the Petanque courts, museums, a wonderful library, the fly-casting pools, and golf (both frisbee and regular) are still all nearby, while the horseback riding and polo that were so popular 100 years ago have given way to soccer and public events like Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and Outside Lands. Walking distance to the Outer Richmond’s Balboa Street, Geary and Outer Clement shopping districts, 838 32nd Avenue is ideally positioned today for convenient city living as well.
But, with all that said, if you live at 838 32nd Avenue, you might never want to leave at all. It is spacious, well-laid out and features all the comforts a home should. It has gracious, large living spaces that are connected but not so open that family members can’t have a little space to themselves. The kitchen with new quartz counters, freshly painted cabinets and a Thermador range is ready to cook up some big SIP dinners to enjoy in the grand dining room. The breakfast room can be used as zoom central by the kids or as a home office. The upstairs bedrooms are large and just where you want them to be. The master bedroom additionally has a walk-in dressing area or 2nd home office. With two full baths up, a ½ bath on the main level and a 3rd full bath in the guest suite, a large family has the space it needs to live together without feeling crowded. The rear garden is an escape to relax in, perfect for both flower and vegetable gardening with entry from two levels of the home. The lower level guest suite is well-appointed and completely accessible – super for long term guests. Visit us virtually on your own here and then make an appointment for a private virtual viewing here or an in-person viewing here once you have explored as much as you can online. You will see that this is the ideal shelter for your family now and far into the future.