United Policyholders is continuing to do everything we can to help consumers deal with the marketplace crisis that’s making it so hard for residents of rural and suburban areas to find and keep affordable fire insurance on their homes, condos and businesses.
This week’s announcement that California is the first state in the nation to require insurers to adjust their rates to reward wildfire risk reduction is great news, and UP contributed to making it happen.
Please join our nonprofit organization’s upcoming free webinar:
How to survive the property insurance crisis:
A shopping help webinar for CA consumers
Thursday, October 27th at 4:00pm PT
This webinar will cover:
- What to do if your insurer non-renews you.
- Is it safe to insure your home through a company you’ve never heard of?
- What is the CA Fair Plan and what options does it offer?
- What fine print matters when buying home insurance?
- Questions to ask to get adequate protection in place for your home.
- Amy Bach, Insurance Consumer Advocate and UP Co-Founder
- Robert Feldman, Allstate Insurance Agent
- Phil Irwin, Independent insurance Agent / California Fair Plan
- Ruth Stroup, Ruth Stroup Insurance Agency
- John E. Wheatley, VP of Insurance Services, Redwood Credit Union
As always, our online home insurance shopping help is available whenever you need it.
Wishing you good health,
Amy Bach and Team UP