Receive a PG&E rebate with qualifying smart thermostats
Save up to $390 on cooling and heating costs¹ and increase comfort by replacing your manual or programmable thermostat with a new ENERGY STAR® smart thermostat. For a limited time, receive a rebate of up to $120 when you purchase an eligible model and sign up for a Time-of-Use rate plan.²
¹ Savings estimate is based on the lifespan of the smart thermostat and an average residential rate of $0.28/kWh. Savings estimate is not representative of annual savings.
² $120 rebate includes a $50 product rebate for qualifying models and an additional $70 rebate when you also sign up for a Time-of-Use rate plan.
Am I eligible for the rebate?
IMPORTANT: All rebate applications must be submitted within 60 days from date of purchase.
- If you have already purchased your product, visit PG&E MarketplaceOpens in new Window. to check if your product is qualified.
- To shop and compare qualified models, visit PG&E MarketplaceOpens in new Window..
- Installation address must have an electric and/or gas account with PG&E.
- Residence must have a central heating and/or air-conditioning (HVAC) system.
- For $70 Time-of-Use rebate, customers already on a Time-of-Use rate may qualify as long as all other eligibility requirements are met. In these cases, their rate will not be changed.
Key rebate terms
Smart thermostat must be new and replace an existing manual or programmable thermostat.
- Smart thermostat must be installed and connected to Wi-Fi.
- PG&E does not provide service support for the installed smart thermostat. Please contact the retailer or manufacturer for warranty information. See do-it-yourself installation information below.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Eligibility and amounts are subject to change at any time.
- For a full list of requirements, review terms and conditions for residential customers.
- Customers who elect to change to a Time-of-Use rate plan do not need to change their rate through the website. Once a customer selects the appropriate rebate in the erebate process, they will be placed on TOU-C which has Peak (higher price) hours from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. every day and Off-Peak (lower price) hours before 4 p.m. and after 9 p.m. every day. Learn more about Time-of-Use rate plans.
After, purchasing, installing, and ensuring your smart thermostat meets the above requirements, apply for an online rebate, and ensure to include the required attachments described below in “Apply for your rebate online”.
*Customers who are part of a third-party program such as Community Choice Aggregation (CCA), Core Gas Aggregation Service (CGAS) or Direct Access (DA) also qualify as long as all other eligibility requirements are met.
Apply for your rebate online
Applications must be submitted online. The rebate is not available through paper applications.
Your application must include the following attachment:
- A valid proof of purchase or receipt that includes:
- Retailer name
- Date of purchase
- Product’s name and model number
- Purchase price
Note: Rebates are limited to one per household.