Sold: 455 Joost Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Offered at $ 998,000
- Sold: $1,251,456 on 03/26/2019
- Seller Represented
View the article about this listing at SF Gate here.
- 2 bedrooms/1 bath + spacious family room/art studio and laundry/storage
- Reverse floorpan with kitchen and living rooms open to expansive view and decks
- Charming period eat-in kitchen with new appliances
- New designer lighting and paint throughout
- Newly refinished hard and soft wood floors
- Sunny deck for entertaining and BBQing
- Quiet, tree-lined block
- Huge south facing garden + private front courtyard
- 1+ car parking pad
- Year built: 1940
- Home Size: 1,120 sq. ft. per tax record
- Lot size: 2,500 sq. feet per tax record
- Great access to BART, most tech shuttles and freeways south
Let it be your inspiration …
In 1940, San Francisco was growing. The Golden Gate and Oakland Bay Bridges were just newly built and cars were becoming affordable for regular people. This, along with the streetcars, allowed San Francisco to spread beyond and around Twin peaks and made having a single family home possible for more and more inhabitants. Can you imagine the excitement of the first owners as they moved in to their very own cottage? And with such a view!
455 Joost was, in fact, the long term home and art studio for Sacramento born and Paris trained local artist Otis Oldfield who, among other things, painted the mural section entitled “Shipping Activities Inside the Golden Gate” in Coit Tower.
Still tranquil, Sunnyside was named last year as one of the 10 hottest neighborhoods in the country It is the place to be. Still affordable and super convenient to SF Downtown via Bart, close to burgeoning Ocean Avenue and established Glen Park, and with convenient access to tech shuttles and the freeways southward bound. You can stroll to the nearby Monterey Boulevard Safeway or stop for some of the best dumplings in the city at Shanghai Dumpling King on the way to the historic Sunnyside Conservatory Or you can just stay home and enjoy the solar energy radiating from the unobstructed southern exposure.
The cottage itself is immersed in its gardens. The front has overflowing flower boxes and a charming gated entrance to a private courtyard. Inside the finishes are refreshed and ready for a new occupant to love it for the next generation. The living/dining and kitchen are at the rear and flow to the view decks overlooking the garden, which serve to greatly expand the space and utility of the home. The front of the home features a spacious vaulted room with separate entry off the front courtyard that can be used as a family room, home office, 3rd bedroom or returned to its former use as an art studio.
DRE Broker #01349379
Coldwell Banker Global Luxury
DRE Broker #01386035